How to Create a BEP20 Token
BEP20 is the Binance Smart Chain equivalent to the popular ERC20 specification for tokens on the Ethereum network. The difference is the BEP20 Token isn’t run on the Ethereum Network, but the Binance Smart Chain network. Despite this difference, because BSC (Binance Smart Chain) implements the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM) for all of their smart contracts, they end up being practically identical in both specification and implementation. This guide will walk you through how to create your very own BEP20 Token.
If you don’t want to learn solidity nor setup your own environment and code and deploy your Token using an Binance Smart Chain node, you can use
BEP20 Token Generator is a simple decentralized application (DApp) that allows you to easily deploy Smart Contract for a Standard, Capped, Mintable, Burnable BEP20 Token.
1. Install MetaMask: you need to have MetaMask installed with an amount of BNB to pay for contract deployment.
2. Enter Details: enter your preferred Token name and symbol. Choose your supply and Token type.
3. Deploy Token: confirm your transaction using MetaMask. Once deployed your Token is ready to use.
Your Token will be fully compliant with the BEP20 definition and compatible with any BEP20 wallet all around the world. It will have a Name, a Symbol and a Decimals amount.
Check Mark Settings In Token Create
There are also further checkmark settings outlined below.
- Can Burn:This check specifies whether your tokens can be burned to decrease the supply.
- Can Mint: Minting specifies the opposite, whether more tokens can be created to increase the initial supply.
- Can Pause: This check specifies whether your token and all associated operations can be halted and resumed whenever needed. This pausing operation can be used in case of a software vulnerability or a malicious attack. Be aware that enabling pausing gives authority to whoever is allowed to pause or unpause, such as the creator of the token, and this central authority may not suit certain use cases.
- Blacklist:Accounts can also be blacklisted if they act malicius. Depending on the use case, it may be better for some tokens to have this feature turned off. Similar to the pausing feature, enabling blacklists causes central authority, which may not suit certain use cases.
- Deflation Token:You can generate tokens like safemoon with burn, charity, and automatic distribution of holders
Your Token source code will be yet verified on BscScan because of it is similar to already verified contracts.
Note: if you don’t know how to connect MetaMask to BSC follow this guide.