Fix Printer Driver Is Unavailable Error On Windows (Solved)
Today, the printer is a very important device. With a typewriter, you not only print documents, you scan and fax documents.
This article aims to help users whose printer says driver unavailable and then blocks printing functions. We’ll discuss all the possible solutions that fix driver not available errors on Windows.
WHAT IS A PRINTER DRIVER?
A printer driver is a computer program that lets your computer communicate with your printer like a software program.
The latest printer drivers are available to download below.
WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN MY PRINTER SAYS DRIVER UNAVAILABLE?
Printer Driver is Unavailable means the installed printer drivers on your Windows PC are not working or activated. It signifies that a corrupt, missing, or outdated driver may occur the issue, though easy fixes are available. The disabled or not installed printer drivers also display the driver not available printer errors.
WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE CAUSES?
There are several reasons for the Windows printer driver is unavailable error. The most commons reason are mentioned below;
- No printer drivers on Windows
- Outdated or older drivers
- Missing printer drivers
- Incorrect installation of the new printer driver and more.
eSoftSafe Driver Update Pro is the best option to quickly fix and update your printer drivers.
HOW TO FIX WHEN PRINTER DRIVER IS UNAVAILABLE ON YOUR WINDOWS SYSTEM?
The guide below will help you learn the fix. Also, try the first fix first; if the first doesn’t work for you, try the second and then the third, and so on. Let’s fix your printer drivers issue –
Fix 1 — Reconnect your printer to Windows PC
It’s not always necessary that if your printer says driver unavailable, then the driver isn’t available, and it could be a connection issue as well.
- Open Control Panel from the Windows menu.
- Under the Hardware and Sound, click on the View devices and printers option.
- Right-click on your printer model name and select remove device in the context menu.
- Click Yes on the UAC screen.
This method is preferred and suitable for the plug-and-play printer. If the reconnection fix still shows the unavailable printer driver issue, try fix 2.
Fix 2 — Find and update compatible printer drivers
Outdated drivers are the most common reason for driver not available error, and updating these drivers is the perfect way to fix it. Using a Driver Updater tool, we’ve mentioned an automatic way to find and update the right printer drivers on your Windows PC.
- Download the eSoftSafe Driver Updater Pro tool
- Open and double-click on the driverupdaterprosetup.exe file.
- Click Yes to allow installation and Click next.
- Accept the license agreement and finish the installation.
If updating your outdated drivers doesn’t fix the issue, try fix 3.
Fix 3 — Manually update the printer driver from Windows
Manually updating the driver is quite a long process for some users. But when an automatic update doesn’t work, the manual update can help when your printer says driver unavailable.
- Press Windows + R keys.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the box and press Enter.
- You can also use Start Menu to open Device Manager.
- Select your printer device and open the Print Queues submenu.
- Right-click on your printer name and click Update driver.
- Click on the driver and download wushowhide.diagcab setup from Microsoft.
- Install the setup and go next to select the Hide updates option.
- It’s time to click on the printer driver update (if available on the screen) and click next.
- Install drivers on your windows PC to fix the windows printer driver is an unavailable error.
- Try next fix if the issue has not been fixed.
Fix 4 — Reinstall printer drivers from the manufacturing source
It’s the manual installation method to fix printer drivers issues. In this process, you’ll require to visit your printer’s online source, where the drivers are available to download. Also, make sure you open the right portal. Otherwise, the risk of virus or malware download may increase.
- First, remove older or corrupt drivers.
- You can download eSoftSafe PC cleaner pro to clear corrupt printer drivers automatically.
- You can also use the manual steps below.
- Press Windows + I key and select Apps.
The eSoftSafe PC Cleaner Pro automatically scans for all the corrupt files and windows junk. It may also help clean the useless files and drivers to allow you to install new printer drivers.
If reinstallation has not fixed the issue and displays the same “windows printer driver is unavailable” error, then run a troubleshooter to fix it.
Fix 5 — Run the printer troubleshooter on Windows
Windows printer troubleshooter finds the actual issue and fixes it automatically. To run the troubleshooter;
- Press the Windows + I key on your keyboard.
- Open the Devices tab.
- Select Printers & Scanners in the left panel.
For more steps, you can read the full blog.
We recommend going above mentioned fixes first. If nothing solves your “printer driver is unavailable” error, try this Fix because installing a generic printer driver can block Printer functionality.
We hope that one of the solutions above will be effective for you in fixing a driver unavailable error. But if the same problem persists then don’t go! We have engineer technical team for better maintenance. So, connect directly with them by making an instant call to the provided hotline anytime and from anywhere in the world. Your problem will be 100% solved.
Reference blog = Printer Driver is Unavailable
Like my work?
Don't forget to support or like, so I know you are with me..